Singaporean beauty queen Ris Low has been named as one of Asia’s 25 most influential people by Cable News Network (CNN).
According to a Shin Min report, the international news network pointed out that while there were many big events in 2009, there were also many “unusual” and very influential people.
In CNN’s list of 25 most influential people, the people who have made the list range from awe-inspiring heroes to scandal shockers.
Amongst them is 19-year-old Ris Low who coined the infamous word “Boomz”.
CNN said Ris Low is singularly responsible for giving Singapore its catchphrase of the year, and named her “Catchphrase queen”.
via Diva – Ris Low named CNN’s 25 most influential people in Asia.
The Top Ten Positive Steps for Ris Low – ex Miss World Singapore Beauty Queen – It is unfortunate that the Singapore media has taken advantage of one of their own – Namely Ms Ris Low – however Ris you can turn the tables on these circumstances and after some time out of the camera’s glare re-emerge armed with the SMARTS you need to shine beautifully in all ways that you seek to fulfil. But it will take a little work 🙂
Top Ten Ris Low Positive Steps to take:
- REFUSE any further interviews until you are ready
- ENGAGE an honest & supportive publicity manager
- SEEK Public Speaking and Language Tuition expertise
- REMAIN out of the Public Eye till you are prepared
- SUPPORT Nursing but in the real sense it is not for you
- MOVE past your youthful mistakes – yes that is all they are not fun
- MENTOR find someone that you admire to help groom you
- FIND those things that you are passionate about, with passion you can do almost anything and there is the excitment you crave
- EMERGE to the public confident, brilliant, sophisticated and with purpose
- SMILE – you are radiant when you do. With radiance, it can and will help you and those you support and care for to bring your personal life & career to heights that others may only dream of.
Radiant Ms Ris Low - Image Zaobao
To the Public & the Media: What an incredible opportunity to build a new and globally influential position for Ris Low and Singapore.
An interview this evening on a local channel once more hightlighted for Ms Ris Low unfortunately that she should have not tried to defend herself and stayed out of the camera’s lens – – her replacement in the Miss Singapore World speaks english well and bakes – – and is a GOOD girl.
SINGAPORE: Former Miss Singapore World Ris Low has clarified comments in media reports where she said stealing credit cards was fun.
Speaking to Channel NewsAsia in an exclusive interview, Ms Low said her actions were the result of her bipolar disorder.
The beauty queen gave up her crown last month after it was revealed that she was convicted of credit card fraud.
She said she has learnt a lot from the saga and that despite the bad publicity, she remains positive in life.
She said: “I don’t mean that stealing credit cards was fun. But the thrill that I felt – the feeling that I got from stealing credit cards was there. That was what I was trying to explain. But it’s not that I am encouraging young people to steal credit cards or anything like this.
via channelnewsasia.com – Beauty queen Ris Low remains positive about life despite bad publicity.