by aplink |
January 4, 2009 · 12:33 pm
From: The Metaverse Journal – Australia’s Leading Virtual World News Service
Now that we’ve reviewed our 2008 predictions, it’s on to 2009. For the coming year, we’re going to get a little bit more specific in our predictions. It may lower our chances of success but will be more fun. So here we go:
1. OpenSim grids will bleed Second Life users – this may seem a very obvious prediction given the growth of OpenSim grids, but what I mean here is that the exodus will be obvious. It won’t be a migration that will affect Second Life’s viability (other issues may achieve that), but there will be a solid, committed population of OpenSim users choosing those grids over Second Life’s one. Put another way, new users will see OpenSim grids as an equal option to signing up to Second Life.
2. Virtual worlds will appear as normal daily life in TV / Movies – To date, most appearances of virtual worlds in TV and film are either documentaries or as a central part of an action / geek film. US comedy The Office and CSI have both featured Second Life but essentially in a sensationalistic way. 2009 will see more insertions of virtual worlds into daily life scenes in shows. A disclosure here: I’m particularly confident on this one as I’ve had the pleasure of helping out on a film project that features a virtual world in a day-to-day context. More on that in the first few months of next year.
3. There will be a net increase in Australian business in virtual worlds – Second Life won’t see any significant growth in Australian businesses entering Second Life and there may actually be a decrease. The gains will come in worlds like Twinity, customised worlds created on platforms like VastPark and possibly even some entry into enterprise worlds offered by entities like IBM and Forterra. Any increase will be driven by the increasing awareness of virtual worlds as a cost-effective business collaboration tool.
click to join twinity - powered by real life
4. Virtual worlds will remain a political no-go zone – Australian political parties have had zero presence to date and it’s extremely unlikely to change in 2009. Any planning being done by the major parties for the 2010 Federal Election is unlikely to extend beyond services like YouTube and Twitter. Things may stretch to sites like Barack Obama’s Change site, but forget anything 3D.
5. Metaplace will be a game-changer – Metaplace’s simple, web-based interface combined with some impressive content creation tools will ensure a launch with impact and significant growth. There’ll be some obvious poaching of users from services like Habbo Hotel but also from content-creation havens like Second Life.
6. Virtual sex will lead to legislation – Linden Lab’s gambling, ageplay and banking clamp-downs were an early start to the reality of increased regulation and governments worldwide are increasingly scrutinising virtual world activities. Sexual exploits (aside from ageplay) have remained unregulated. For better or worse, this won’t remain.
Read the remaining predictions at Metaverse Journal
via Ten virtual worlds predictions for 2009 : The Metaverse Journal – Australia’s Virtual World News Service.
Filed under top 10, twinity, twinity 3d Online world, virtual commerce, virtual education, virtual life, virtual news, virtual sex, virtual worlds, Virtual worlds news
Tagged as 10 predictions for virtual worlds 2009, habbo hotel, metaverse journal, opinsim grids, second life, ten predictions, Top 10 predictions for virtual worlds 2009, twinity, virtual sex, virtual worlds
by aplink |
November 15, 2008 · 10:09 am
One day, Ms Taylor, 28, found Mr Pollard at the computer watching his avatar having sex with a prostitute in Second Life.
"I went mad, I was so hurt. I just couldn't believe what he'd done. I looked at the computer screen and could see his character with a female character. It's cheating as far as I'm concerned. But he didn't see it as a problem, and couldn't see why I was so upset," she said.
Using the virtual world's own special currency, she hired an online private detective to investigate his adultery. However, back in their real lives, the Pollards managed to patch things up.
Then in April this year Ms Taylor caught her husband's avatar in another compromising position.
She claims he was having "cybersex" with a female player in the US.
via David Pollard’s Second Life affair leads to divorce from Amy Taylor | NEWS.com.au
Filed under aplink, second life, SECOND LIFE NEWS, secondlife.com, sex, sex slaves, sexual fantasies, social media, social networking, social networks, virtual life, virtual news, virtual sex
Tagged as cybersex, divorce in virtual worlds, sex with virtual prostitute
by aplink |
April 10, 2008 · 8:23 pm
WOW thanks to themidnightsun blog aplink thinks that within a decade the person of your dreams could be in your living room – but will the holograms be able to give you feelings that are real ?
Continue reading →
by aplink |
December 1, 2007 · 10:25 pm
APLink is shocked that one of the biggest draws to this blog are the posts about the virtual world REDLIGHTCENTER.. it’s a virtual world where anything you might imagine or fantasize about SEX ………………………………………………………………………………..you can find there but according to this report http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/garfinkel/17591/ …….even Virtual Drugs are now available…hmmm so second life has to ban gambling but now RLC can educate you on the effects of Virtual Drugs so Real Life people can go try the Real Drugs… spocky
Filed under advertising, aplink, PR, Public Relations, redlightcentre.com, second life, SECOND LIFE NEWS, secondlife, secondlife.com, sexual fantasies, SL, virtual drugs, virtual life, virtual sex
Tagged as red light center, redlightcenter.com, second life, secondlife.com, sex, virtual drugs, virtual sex
by aplink |
October 27, 2007 · 12:04 pm
“…the rise of social networking. Virtual worlds are the ultimate social networking tools, allowing for rich, interactive and immersive communication and experiences. Social networking sites like MySpace and Facebook have grown tremendously popular and I believe that they will spill over into virtual worlds.” comments Aileen Sim of First Meta, Singapore
Read more at SGentrepreneurs
Filed under 3d internet, aileen sim, aplink, asia, business networking, business online networking, e-commerce, entrepreneurs, facebook, female entrepreneurs, first meta, marketing, MySpace, online payments, online selling, PR, Public Relations, second life, secondlife.com, shopping, singapore events, singapore news, social networking, social networks, virtual banking, virtual commerce, virtual life, virtual properties, virtual sex, web 2.0
by aplink |
October 21, 2007 · 10:37 am
“And hell, what’s so fun about cybersex when you can’t hear the other person moaning and feel his/her heat for real?” says conancat.
APLINK thinks ConanCat under estimates how humans need to fantasize, it is very REAL and virtual worlds today are virtually on a path to our reality just as the TV already is !!!See the rest of his REAL thoughts at ConanCat
“But this–Redlight Center–an MMORPG about love, dating, and sex, to me, is getting tee a bit weird.” – conancat
Filed under 3d, 3d internet, addiction, advertising, aplink, asia, avatar, blogging, entertainment, games industry, internet, itsreal, marketing, media, online cybersex, online education, online selling, PR, Public Relations, redlightcentre.com, sex, sex slaves, sexual fantasies, singapore, social networking, social networks, virtual life, virtual sex, web 2.0
Tagged as cholesterol, hypocol, redlightcenter, virtual sex
by aplink |
October 19, 2007 · 8:19 pm
By Dean Takahashi Tracking criminals in virtual worlds
I’ve been wondering what would happen if there were drug dealers or terrorists lurking in virtual worlds such as Second Life. If the FBI or National Security Agency wanted to place wiretaps on conversations in those worlds, would they be able to do it? And if they did record conversations in virtual worlds, could the people spied upon escape prosecution by saying that they were only pretending to be terrorists or drug dealers?
My interest is theoretical at the moment. Interpol has said there are criminal elements operating in virtual worlds, but let’s not panic. There is enough fear-mongering out there about all the trouble we can get into online.But this topic is a persistent one at conferences such as Virtual Worlds, which drew more than a thousand people to San Jose last week.
Under current laws, the authorities can’t conduct fishing expeditions. They can’t order companies to incur huge expenses building eavesdropping systems in the virtual worlds that would make it easy to reclaim conversations from a long time ago, said Jim Dempsey, policy director of the civil liberties group Center for Democracy and Technology in Washington, D.C.
In other words, the government can’t ransack an entire virtual town just to find one possible drug dealer. The Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizures hold true in cyberspace as they do in the real world.
Filed under aplink, avatar, blogging, criminals, Events, hipihi, itsreal, kaneva, linden labs, marketing, PR, Public Relations, second life, second life security, secondlife, secondlife.com, sex, sex slaves, sexual fantasies, SL, SL Technology, there.com, virtual sex, virtual work
by aplink |
July 27, 2007 · 7:16 pm
APLINK Pick of the WEEK – Imagine if you will that by some freak of undersea volcanic activity, a brand-new continent suddenly appeared in the middle of the ocean, and within a two-year period, 8 million people from 105 countries worldwide decided to make it a vacation destination, some of them on a daily basis…..
read more | digg story
Filed under animation, aplink, entertainment, Events, executive, exhibition, imagine, internet, itsreal, linden labs, manufacter, marketing, media, new on the web, next generation web, opportunities, PR, Public Relations, second life, secondlife.com, sex, singapore, SL, SL Technology, social networking, virtual commerce, virtual life, virtual products, virtual sex, virtual worlds, Virtual worlds news
by aplink |
July 19, 2007 · 8:04 pm
Immersed in Second Life…
Seems APLINK’s imagination went into overdrive…
Image: Inside a miniature Second Life pod….
….Image: The Second Life pod, from the outside….
Here is me thinking that once inside the POD all sorts of virtual things might happen, haha … but just imagine the sex bed Continue reading →
Filed under 3d, advertising, aplink, executive, experience, itsreal, second life, secondlife.com, sex, SL pod, SL Technology, virtual life, virtual sex, virtual worlds