by aplink |
August 20, 2007 · 6:25 pm
APLINK has sat in singapore reaching out constantly to overseas for those interested in Virtual Worlds and in the last 2 days, i have met people from, Japan, London, Germany, USA, Australia, Korea, Norway and Singapore at the “state of play” conference where the whole agenda is Virtual Worlds…APLINK is happy
Continue reading →
Filed under 3d internet, advertising, anshe chung, aplink, best buy, business, business networking, business online networking, Cory Onedrejka, digital content, Events, executive, experience, internet, itsreal, japan, law, linden labs, marketing, online education, opportunities, philip Rosedale, PR, Public Relations, second life, secondlife, secondlife.com, singapore, singapore events, SL, SL Technology, sloz, social networking, social networks, tech, there.com, virtual commerce, virtual education, virtual life, virtual spaces
by aplink |
June 17, 2007 · 9:37 pm
SLOz launches Their first SLOZ Traffic Index (STI) for June. Being their first one it’s a fairly modest list. To be included in the index the SL presence needs to be owned / operated by Australians. Yippee when my SL programs get underway I will be seeking their kind inclusion…. cause as you know I am a Proud Australian cum KIWI…
A few important notes on their methodology as well as a couple of disclaimers:
1. The number linked to each presence is a standard average based on dwell statistics provided to all SL users via the Search Places option.
2. For large presences we’ve chosen the most popular area rather than add up total dwell – this means larger presences may have overall larger numbers but that’s not what we’re measuring (see also point 5).
3. Each presence, unless an addition since the start of the reporting period, has had their traffic stats measured at least ten times with each instance at least 24 hours apart.
4. The individual times and statistics can be found here
5. The STI is indicative only – yes we know there are much more detailed methodologies and that ours is a rough guide only for the SL community – we think of it as a ‘what’s hot’ measure. Discussion / criticism on the STI here.
Onto the STI:
Telstra’s Billabong Bar and the ABC Island Sandbox are no surprises as popular haunts. Armory Island by its very nature has a wide international popularity hence its number one position. The Australia Sim is garnering a lot of traffic for a new build and Lord Coalcliff’s Skyhome Resort is a stayer. Another relatively new presence is Sofia’s furniture and its popularity isn’t to be sneezed at either.
Filed under 3d, advertising, aplink, avatar, business, collaboration, community, entertainment, experience, imagine, itsreal, magazine, marketing, PR, Public Relations, second life, secondlife.com, SL, sloz, social networking, virtual commerce, virtual life, virtual worlds
by aplink |
April 22, 2007 · 8:05 pm
“Meta Linden has provided an update on SL metrics. In the past month, Australia has had significant growth to 2.43% of the overall SL population:
1. As at 31st March there were 3,177,434 unique residents (up half a million on the previous month)
2. Ten percent of that is 317,743. (the ten percent rule is the rough guide on active users)
3. 2.43% of THAT is 7721.
As stated by SLOZ last month, they expected the Telstra and ABC launches to have increased the aussie population significantly and that’s indeed occurred with a jump from 1.48% to 2.43%. The figure of 7721 is probably a little optimistic but the trend for Australians in SL is certainly one of growth. Their prediction for next month is continued growth but at a reduced rate as the BigPond influx gets well past its peak.”
Anyone know the Singapore population in SL ?
Filed under 3d, advertising, asia, australia, avatar, blogging, business, Events, itsreal, marketing, media, PR, Public Relations, second life, secondlife.com, singapore, SL, sloz