As more marketers use Social Media channels for engaging their customers and prospects, it is becoming obvious that they will have to take on additional responsibility for not only creation of content, but also facilitate sharing or distribution of content through Social Media channels such as YouTube. Some notable examples of this approach are:
* Johnson & Johnson (J&J) – Baby Center.com
* Procter & Gamble (P&G) – Home Made Simple
* Walmart’s Money Saving Tips on YouTube
* American Express Small Business Blog Network
* Geek Squad YouTube channel
* Charmin Enjoy the Go
This raises an important question: Should Marketers behave like Media companies when it comes to Social Media? If yes, what additional skills will be required by those in the marketing department for this new task. And what is the role of an “agency” in this new “set-up”?