The AVW is committed to outreach. Reaching out to harness the passion of the virtual worlds industry and to show those unfamiliar with virtual worlds why it is that we care.
In the two short months since it launched, and now 1,400 enthusiastic members strong, the AVW has:
• Launched our very own publishing division with half a dozen titles in development, designed to appeal equally to industry veterans and newcomers.
• Published The Blue Book: A Consumer Guide to Virtual Worlds, an easy to use but fact-filled directory for virtual worlds.
• Compiled the AVW Member Directory, so that we can all get to know each other better and help each other.
• Announced the first virtual words Person of the Year Award (Feb 21), to showcase the industry and the person who has achieved something extraordinary.
• Established the first Virtual Worlds Day (August 20), to bring virtual worlds to the attention of the public.
• Launched a Global Ambassadors initiative to ensure that the message is strong in every corner of the globe.
For more information about the AVW’s mission and goals, please visit http://www.associationofvirtualworlds.com/about_us.htm.
Visit Association of Virtual Worlds at: http://associationofvirtualworlds.ning.com