First Virtual World Conference Announced
Dana Massey 17 Jan 2007, 01:06 PM
The people at “Vritual Worlds Management”, who previously hosted AGC under the name Games Initiative, have announced a new conference for “virtual worlds” and companies looking to create them. The event takes place in New York City this March.
New Event for Fortune 500 Companies Seeking to Create Virtual Worlds, Marketing, Entertainment and Business Strategies
NEW YORK, New York – January 17, 2006 – Virtual Worlds Management today announced the first annual Virtual Worlds Conference to take place March 28 – 29, 2007 in New York City. Virtual Worlds 2007 – http://www.virtualworlds2007.com/ – is the leading event for Fortune 500 companies seeking to understand and maximize marketing, entertainment and business strategies within virtual worlds. Virtual Worlds 2007 provides attendees with focused, practical and valuable industry insight that can be immediately utilized in developing a virtual world strategy.
“Virtual Worlds 2007 separates the buzz from successes, allowing attendees to hear from companies who’ve made the journey and learn from their experiences and activities,” said Christopher Sherman, Virtual Worlds Conference Executive Director. “Virtual Worlds 2007 is a social networking paradise, bringing together for the first time all the knowledgeable experts in virtual worlds, giving attendees ample opportunity to learn the latest techniques and technologies and build relationships with peers and industry leaders.”
Companies considering creating the following virtual worlds applications should attend Virtual Worlds 2007: marketing, branding, entertainment, interactive television, social networking, promotional, educational, ecommerce, employee collaboration, test-marketing, content generation, training, recruiting, new product development and more.
Virtual Worlds Conference takes place March 28 – 29, 2007 at the Museum of Jewish Heritage in New York City. Online registration is open and attendees can save $400 by taking advantage of the earlybird registration – only $595 – until February 23, 2007. Registration information and conference details are available at http://www.VirtualWorlds2007.com
Virtual Worlds Conference 2007 is sponsored by Linden Lab, creator of 3D virtual world Second Life and Makena Technologies, the parent company of There.com.
Attendees will gain expert knowledge on these topics and more:
– What are popular virtual world activities and destinations
– Are virtual worlds the future of interactive television
– Understand consumer behavior patterns inside virtual worlds
– Learn from fellow marketers, brands and agencies
– Hear exclusive case studies from major corporations
– How to create a successful strategy
– Measure real results and campaign metrics
– Tech and design issues and how to leverage assets
– IP issues as they pertain to established brands
– What are ecommerce options inside virtual worlds
– Design secrets from innovative virtual world startups
– VW Roadmap – where are virtual worlds technologies heading next
– How to go big – or go small.
– Tie your virtual presence into the real world
– Secrets on working with the right developer/agency
– Standalone immersive corporate worlds vs Second Life
Virtual Worlds 2007 is produced by Virtual Worlds Management, a division of Show Initiative, LLC (formerly The Game Initiative), a leading producer of focused tech-media conferences. In 2006 Show Initiative sold its portfolio of 10 game industry events, including the massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) focused Austin Game Conference to CMP Technology. Show Initiative launched its Virtual Worlds Management division in November 2006 to focus on the emerging market of Virtual Worlds. Virtual Worlds Management, Virtual Worlds 2007 and Virtual Worlds Conference are trademarks of Show Initiative. More information about Show Initiative can be found at http://www.ShowInitiative.com.